New Mathematics Counts 4
New Mathematics Counts (2nd Edition), builds on the strengths of its well-received first edition. Written especially for students in the Normal (Academic) stream, this comprehensive series meets the requirements of the latest Mathematics syllabuses for the GCE ‘N’ Level (Syllabus A) and GCE ‘O’ Level examinations set by the Ministry of Education, Singapore.
- Concepts are presented in a simple, clear and logical manner. The use of diagrams, figures and models helps student visualise mathematical concepts and ideas more clearly.
- Sidebar features provide necessary pointers to key concepts in main texts.
- Worked examples guide students in understanding and applying the main concepts learned.
- End-of-chapter summaries recap key learning outcomes and important mathematical formulae.
- Interesting and relevant chapter openers arouse interest in the topics covered.
- Thought-provoking facts and activities enhance learning and make it more enjoyable through the exploration and investigation of mathematical ideas.
Builds Exam Confidence
- Ample questions, carefully gradated according to level of difficulty, are provided throughout the textbook to reinforce concepts covered. They also help students identify their areas of weakness and misconception.
- Challenging questions and past-year examination questions have been incorporated to induce higher-order thinking skills and build exam confidence.
This series of books is also supported by resources for teachers which can be found at the Publisher’s website: http://marshallcavendish.com/education.
|Date of Publication||2008|