GeoWorld NSW 10
A world of learning about people, places and environments
GeoWorld NSW will equip students with geographical skills and general capabilities that can be applied in daily life and at work. Inquiry-based activities help students develop an appreciation of different perspectives in geographical knowledge, an understanding of ethical research principles, experience in teamwork, and critical and creative thinking. Embedded with cross-curriculum priorities throughout, the texts are well supported by a wealth of engaging resources that provide a sense of place.
WRITTEN FOR NSW
This series links closely to all the new NSW curriculum content, including the three extra general capabilities: Civics and Citizenship, Difference and Diversity, and Work and Enterprise. All content, objectives and outcomes, values and attitudes, stage statements and assessment tasks have been tailored to support NSW requirements. Inquiry questions are an essential focus for all chapters, with opportunities for geographical investigations and fieldwork on all topics.
- Easy-to-use double page spreads providing self-contained lessons and stimulus for enquiry – perfect for the ‘flipped’ classroom approach.
- Vivid, colourful design with powerful images and creative infographics
- The latest geographical data and issues, such as the 2015 earthquake in Nepal
- Plenty of choice and options to engage a range of student abilities
- Collaborative learning promoted through group work opportunities and projects
- High interest studies from both Australia and overseas, with a focus on Asia to support the cross curriculum priority
- Structured to fit closely with the NSW curriculum and make lesson planning easy.
- 15-month Macmillan Digital access on Macmillan Education Everywhere.
- Environmental change and management
- Chapter 1 - Human-induced environmental change: types, extent and management
- Chapter 2 - Human-induced climate change and environmental management
- Chapter 3 - Marine: processes, change and management
- Chapter 4 - Coasts: processes, change, management
- Chapter 5 - Inland water: processes change, management
- Chapter 6 - Urban: processes, change, management
- Human wellbeing
- Chapter 7 - Human wellbeing: measuring and mapping
- Chapter 8 - Spatial variations: causes and consequences
- Chapter 9 - Development issues affect variations in wellbeing
- Chapter 10 - Spatial variations: India and Australia
- Chapter 11 - Improving human wellbeing
|Year Level||Year 10|
|Date of Publication||2016|