Extension History: The Historians
This book is not intended as an all-purpose textbook. However, it is hoped that it will provide an accessible overview and sound guide to the study of a range of historians relevant to the NSW Extension History course for both students and teachers. It brings together a variety of information, resources and advice to support the discussion, wide reading and research that takes place in Extension History Classes.
This second edition includes new chapters on Arnold Toynbee and Norman Davies.
- Chapter 1: What is History?
- Chapter 2: Herodotus
- Chapter 3: Polybius
- Chapter 4: Other Ancient Historians
- Chapter 5: Bede
- Chapter 6: Gibbon
- Chapter 7: Macaulay
- Chapter 8: von Ranke
- Chapter 9: Christopher Hill & Marxist Historiography
- Chapter 10: The Annalists
- Chapter 11: Arnold Toynbee
- Chapter 12: Elton, Carr & Berlin
- Chapter 13: Norman Davies
- Chapter 14: Postmodernism, Relativism, Deconstructionism...
- Chapter 15: Henry Reynolds & Keith Windschuttle
About the Author
Ken Webb has been teaching history NSW schools since the 1970s. He is a regular lecturer at HTA HSC Study Days and has written widely on many aspects of history. His other publications include popluar HSC and SC Study Guides, textbooks for both junior and senior history and newspater and journal articles.
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||2012|
|Subject||History, History Extension|
- Year 12 Schools Offer - Past Papers & Study Guides
- Year 11-12 Study Guides for 2019
- St Andrews Marayong Year 12 2020
- Nagle College Blacktown Year 12 2020