The text delivered in print format.
Interactive Textbook, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning ex perience, and when connected to a class teacher account offers a powerful Learning Management System. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code found in the Print Textbook
PDF Textbook available in the interactive textbook
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes and bookmark pages. It is downloaded through your account using the same unique 16-character code that is found in the Print Textbook.
Essential Mathematics for the Australian Curriculum Third Edition combines a proven teaching and learning formula and complete curriculum coverage with a new level of innovative digital capabilities to guide students through Years 7 to 10&10A mathematics and prepare them for success in their senior years.
New to the third edition:
- Pre-exercise ‘Building Understanding’ questions immediately after ‘Key Ideas’ to promote class discussion and to help consolidate the fundamental skills and concepts needed for the topic.
- ‘Now You Try’ questions added to every worked example to give students immediate practice at applying what they’ve learned before they get to the exercise.
- A set of graded and scaffolded ‘Applications and Problem-solving’ activities allowing students to investigate practical applications of the knowledge and skills developed throughout the chapter.
- Learning Intentions at the start of each lesson and Success Criteria at the end of each chapter to help students keep track of their progress.
Additional features in the Interactive Textbook and Online Teaching Suite, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths:
- ‘Workspaces’ in the Interactive Textbook that allow students to enter their working for all exercises directly into the Interactive Textbook.
- Self-assessment tools that allow students to assess their own working and alert the teacher to questions they don’t understand.
- Embedded Desmos interactives and Desmos interactive graphing calculator, scientific calculator and geometry tools.
- New auto-marked pre-tests, a progress quiz and multiple-choice review questions in every chapter.
- About the authors
- Introduction and guide to this resource
- Working with unfamiliar problems
- 1 Whole numbers
- 2 Geometry
- 3 Number properties and patterns
- 4 Fractions and percentages
- 5 Algebra
- 6 Decimals
- Semester review 1
- 7 Negative numbers
- 8 Statistics and probability
- 9 Polygons, solids and transformations
- 10 Equations
- 11 Measurement
- Semester review 2